Do you want to be an innovator in the built environment? Whether your passion is to preserve the old, transform the existing, or create the new, we’ll help you to realise your ambitions and prepare you for this fascinating industry. With our focus on professional development throughout the course you’ll gain the confidence to communicate your creative ideas, and develop your own distinctive style that’ll make you stand out.
Where could your journey lead?
Plymouth architecture students are highly skilled and highly employable. You’ll find them in a diverse range of architecture-related roles, and graduates from our course:
- go straight into the workplace as a RIBA part 1 architectural assistant
- go on to further study at masters level or qualify for a professional qualification
- apply their skills and experience to work in related careers such as architectural technician, production assistant, site manager, graphic designer, construction designer, lifestyle designer, business support officer, and teaching assistant.
Skills you’ll develop during this course include:
- creativity and critical thinking
- design and drawing
- IT skills
- project management
- research skills
- written and oral communication
- analytical and logical problem solving.
Gain as much relevant
work experience as you can
Gaining relevant work experience during your course is invaluable for helping you to secure a job after graduating. Be proactive in your approach to job searching. Careers and employability will help you to get your CV up to scratch, and try speculatively approaching companies you would like to work for. Build your commercial awareness by following the key industry websites, and use every opportunity you can to network with potential employers.