With companies spending more of their budgets than ever before on digital marketing, and brands like Google, Amazon and Facebook continuing to grow their user base, digital and social-media marketing is changing the rules of competition, giving customers ways to directly influence modern businesses. With this MSc you’ll learn how to succeed in this new reality of marketing, actively participating in the planning, development and deployment of real digital and social media marketing campaigns.
- This programme is designed to keep you at the forefront of modern marketing practices. It equips you with an advanced knowledge of digital marketing strategy and planning to build core competence and deep specialisation
- Build the skills to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and its practical application in business situations with hands-on experience through practical workshops and real-world projects working alongside industry professionals on genuine digital marketing campaigns.
- Work with real projects, real firms, real challenges, real skills and competencies and build your skills ready to succeed in this increasingly competitive sector.
- The programme comprises an intensive series of stimulating lectures, energetic seminars and small group work which can take you anywhere in the world.
Assessment against learning outcomes is conducted predominantly through completion of coursework. You are introduced to and explore a diverse range of topics and perspectives that examine business and society’s relationship with digital marketing. In addition, you develop personal skills that are vital for individuals seeking to work in this field.
The design of our postgraduate programmes focuses on four taught modules and a capstone project. We believe that simplicity in programme design provides you with a better learning experience. The dynamic and challenging nature of contemporary business does not isolate concepts into small packages – and neither do our programmes. This approach links concepts together as they are in the real world, and enables you to focus in on what really matters.
- MAL7018 Analytics and Databases
- MAL7015 Marketing and Strategy
- MAL7017 Digital Marketing
- MAL7019 Research Methods for Decision Making
- MAL7016 Branding and Marketing Communications
- MAL7020 Social Media Theory
- MAL7021 Digital Marketing Capstone Project
A good honours degree, first or second class, or equivalent, in any discipline.
We welcome applicants with international qualifications. To view other accepted qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
If English is not your mother tongue 6.5 IELTS with a minimum of 5.5 in any element in a secure English language test. English language requirements.
Plymouth University offers pre-sessional English language courses if you do not have this.
We welcome students from a broad range of disciplines who are keen to place their undergraduate discipline knowledge into the context of digital and social media marketing.
How to apply
Applications should be made through our partner institution: