With companies spending more of their budgets than ever before on digital marketing, and brands like Google, Amazon and Facebook continuing to grow their user base, digital and social-media marketing is changing the rules of competition, giving customers ways to directly influence modern businesses. With this MSc students will learn how to succeed in this new reality of marketing, actively participating in the planning, development and deployment of real digital and social media marketing campaigns. Graduates enter a workplace in which digital marketing graduates are highly sought after, opportunities exist within multinationals, small businesses, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations/charities.
- This programme is designed to keep students at the forefront of modern marketing practices. Equipping students with an advanced knowledge of digital marketing strategy and planning to build core competence and deep specialisation
- Build the skills to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and its practical application in business situations with hands-on experience through practical workshops and real-world projects working alongside industry professionals on genuine digital marketing campaigns.
- Work with real projects, real firms, real challenges, real skills and competencies and build skills ready to succeed in this increasingly competitive sector.
- The programme comprises an intensive series of stimulating lectures, energetic seminars and small group work.
The programme comprises five modules. Assessment against learning outcomes is conducted predominantly through completion of coursework. Students are introduced to and explore a diverse range of topics and perspectives that examine business and society’s relationship with digital marketing. In addition, students develop personal skills that are vital for individuals seeking to work in this field.
- MKT7001HK Marketing and Strategy
- MKT7002HK Digital Marketing
- MKT7003HK Digital Analytics and Market Research
- MKT7004HK Social Media Theory and Practice
- MKT7000HK Capstone Project
Every postgraduate taught course has a detailed programme specification document describing the programme aims, the programme structure, the teaching and learning methods, the learning outcomes and the rules of assessment. The following programme specification represents the latest programme structure and may be subject to change:
The modules shown for this course or programme are those being studied by current students, or expected new modules. Modules are subject to change depending on year of entry.
A good honours degree, first or second class, or equivalent, in any discipline.
We welcome applicants with international qualifications. To view other accepted qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
If English is not your mother tongue 6.5 IELTS with a minimum of 5.5 in any element in a secure English language test. English language requirements.
Plymouth University offers pre-sessional English language courses if you do not have this.
We welcome students from a broad range of disciplines who are keen to place their undergraduate discipline knowledge into the context of digital and social media marketing.
How to apply
Applications should be made through our partner institution: