What are Schwartz Rounds?
Why is the University of Plymouth running Schwartz Rounds?
- Both students and staff
- Everyone involved in health and social care
- Any profession or programme that may share a common interest in exploring the emotional and psycho-social aspects of working with people
Rounds in academic year 2023/24
- Wednesday 4 October. Theme: Uncomfortable Conversations
- Wednesday 29 November. Theme: The Challenges and Joys of Interprofessional Working
- Wednesday 24 January. Theme: Heroes or Villains?
- Wednesday 6 March. Theme: Raising Concerns
- Wednesday 5 June. Theme: Somebody I'll Never Forget
I really valued the openness and honesty of Schwartz panellists when sharing their stories.
…It was powerful, heartfelt, and helps break through boundaries and barriers.
I wasn’t expecting to benefit as much as I did…I will return to my placement with more confidence that my feelings are normal and I’m not a fraud.
I hope initiatives like the Schwartz Rounds can eventually improve interprofessional relationships, help us all to understand each other better and find comfort in relating to each other’s experiences.
This is such a fantastic platform for students to get an insight into the workplace and empower them to be the best professionals that they can be, whilst also learning and accepting that mistakes are OK, it is how we go forward from that.
I really do feel that it is a safe place, even virtually and there is no judgement. It felt real and that is what we need when we're reflecting. This was from the heart and I found it very beneficial.
It ran so smoothly and the whole format on Zoom with the chat, and the option for those watching to mute/unmute to share their stories worked so well.
It was liberating to hear that regardless of our professional background we are all not alone, we all go through similar struggles.
Schwartz Rounds outside the University of Plymouth
- Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Devon Partnership NHS Trust
- Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust - Northern
- Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust - Eastern
- South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Somerset NHS Foundation Trust (Taunton and Yeovil)
- Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust