Accommodation residence life
International students should arrange a place to live from their day of arrival in the UK. This can be accommodation run by the University or by private sector landlords. 
There is no need for a visa applicant to prove that they have pre-booked accommodation before arriving in the UK; however, they must prove that they can afford the cost of living (which includes the cost of rented housing) in Plymouth.

University-managed accommodation

Only students who hold a conditional (CF) or unconditional (UF) offer with the University of Plymouth can apply for accommodation run by the University (also known as ‘halls of residence’). Our halls of residence are primarily for new undergraduates in their first year of study.
Our halls of residence are an ideal option for those who want to live in well-maintained buildings on campus with welfare support, modern facilities, bills included in the rent, and 24/7 security. 
Places for this type of accommodation can be competitive and are booked on a first come, first served basis, so it is important to apply early. Please note that rooms in our halls of residence are single occupancy only – they are not suitable for couples or families.
Accommodation UPP halls Radnor Pilgrim

Private sector accommodation

Students who cannot find a place in University-managed accommodation or decide that it does not meet their needs (e.g., they want to live with their partner or child) should arrange housing for themselves and any dependants.
Once an international student has a visa, the easiest option for them may be to come to the UK and stay in temporary accommodation while searching for suitable long-term housing. The University of Plymouth Students’ Union (UPSU) can provide advice about finding accommodation in the private sector and offers a free tenancy agreement checking service.
Landlords in the private sector may require international students to provide a guarantor as a condition of their housing contract. Learn more about guarantor services.
Students are required to live within commutable distance of the University of Plymouth so should choose a place to stay that is close by.
Plymouth city centre from the Hoe

Exchange student accommodation

Whether joining us for a full academic year or for one term, international exchange students can book a room in our halls of residence through the Accommodation Portal.
If you have any questions, please contact Student Accommodation Services and we will be happy to help you.
Accommodation applicants

The Student Accommodation Code 

We adhere to the Student Accommodation Code, which means that we go the extra mile to make sure that you get the best quality accommodation while you are with us. The Code is managed by an external group which inspects our halls to ensure that they are in excellent condition.
SAC logo 
Thinking of applying for university halls? View accommodation information for applicants.
Mary Newman Building