Online enrolment for returning students

Information to help returning students complete online enrolment

Why is online enrolment important for returning students?

Online enrolment will allow you to:

  • check the details that we record about you
  • update anything that needs to be changed (like your address, which is likely to have changed)
  • retain access to University services and facilities
  • be insured as a student
  • continue to have access to your supervisors, academic and administrative staff.

When can you complete online enrolment?

You can complete online enrolment from Monday 3 August 2020.

If you have successfully completed referred assessment, you can complete online enrolment from Wednesday 16 September 2020. If you fail the referred assessment or need further help, please contact your faculty office.

There may be things you need to consider before you log into the online enrolment system to complete online enrolment – they're listed below.

Important note for international students: you cannot complete online enrolment until you have provided the relevant documentation. If you have been asked to provide your original qualifications or ATAS certificate, please email these to

Complete online enrolment

Log into the online enrolment system

You can access the online enrolment system using a PC, tablet (iPad, for example) or smartphone. It is advisable to use landscape mode when using a mobile device.

Things to consider

Outstanding debts

You will not be able to complete online enrolment if you are in academic debt to the University.

You will be able to use the online enrolment system 24 hours after clearing the debt. If you have a query regarding an outstanding debt please contact our Student Accounts Team:

+44(0)1752 588130

Outcome of your last year of study

You will not be able to complete online enrolment unless you have successfully completed your current course year or you have been informed you can repeat your year of study.

If you have been referred in any modules, or a decision on your progression has been deferred, you will be able to complete online enrolment when the relevant referred award board confirms your progression to the next academic year.

If you have successfully completed referred assessment, you can complete online enrolment from Wednesday 16 September 2020. If you fail the referred assessment or need further help, please contact your faculty office.

Payment of tuition fees

Please ensure you have either paid your tuition fees or have made arrangements to pay (for example, with a loan from the Student Loan Company). If your fees are paid by a sponsor, you must provide us with written confirmation of the agreement.

NHS-funded health programmes

If you are a returning student on an NHS-funded place on the following programmes, you will need to tick the no fees payable box and enter the reason type as NHS funded.

  • Nursing (adult, child health, mental health)
  • Midwifery
  • Dietetics
  • Occupational therapy
  • Podiatry
  • Physiotherapy
  • Medicine (Year 5 only)
  • Dentistry (Year 5 only)

Please note that this only applies to students who are not in receipt of a tuition fees loan.

Having trouble?

Our frequently asked questions below are a good starting point if you experience problems or have a question about the online enrolment system or process.

Please contact us if you still can't find the information you need.

How can I resolve IT issues when completing online enrolment?

If you do not have access to the internet, you will be able to use the University Open Access centres on your return. We would however appreciate your co-operation in enrolling via the Internet off campus if possible.

Can I complete online enrolment after I return?

The system closes on Friday 2 October 2020 for undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.

Returning research degree students are expected to complete online enrolment by Wednesday 30 September 2020

We strongly recommend that you complete online enrolment in advance as this gives you time to work through the different steps at your own pace and to resolve any queries which may arise.

If you are based somewhere other than the Plymouth Campus please contact your local administration team if you have any problems.

Why is my stage of entry incorrect?

This will affect students who are on a course which has an optional placement year or year abroad.

Students who progress to the final year are registered on stage 4 so those students who have opted to take the placement year or year abroad can be registered on stage 3. If you are not taking the optional placement year or year abroad, it is correct for you to register on stage 4 in your final year.

If you had a period of interruption (which may be the case for postgraduate research students), the system will record the number of academic years since commencement. Your actual deadline will have been adjusted for both the purpose of the end date of your programme and the level of fees you will be liable for.

Why can’t I use my mobile number in emergency contact details?

Fortunately, the need for an emergency contact is rare, but if there is a serious problem and we need to make contact with the person you have nominated as your emergency contact, we need their number and not your own.

Can I create a new password if I have forgotten it?

Yes, you can change your password by following our change your password guide.

You will need your student reference number to access this and you will be asked to enter your username, date of birth and to confirm security questions you have set previously.

Can I update my details later if they change?

Yes, you can complete online enrolment now using your current address and update your contact details at any time on the student portal by selecting the My Personal Details tile.

  • Log into your account
  • Navigate to the top of the screen and under 'additional details' select 'maintain contact details'.

If you are a Student (formerly Tier 4) visa holder, please remember that
keeping your contact details updated is a requirement of your visa.