It is a requirement of your Student (formerly Tier 4) visa to keep your contact details up to date. These must include a UK residential address, telephone number, mobile telephone number and personal email address. Please ensure that you check and update your details regularly. The instructions for how to do this are provided in the videos below.
Changing your personal details – step 1
- Navigate to the top of the screen and under 'additional details' select 'maintain contact details'.
- You are now ready to update your address and telephone contact details.
Changing your personal details – step 2
- The video shows what each section looks like, so all you have to do is add the specific address to the correct field.
- For your UK address you can use the postcode lookup tool.
- Remember to add your personal email address and your mobile number.
- The mobile number must be recorded to show how we would call you from the UK.
- Remember to tick the confirmation box before saving, if you don’t, none of your information will be saved.
- Don’t forget to complete the other sections, this is done in exactly the same way.
When completing your contact details please remember:
- Out of term address is where you live in your home country.
- Term time address is where you live while studying in Plymouth.
- Emergency details are who you want us to contact in case of an emergency.
- Next of kin are the details of your immediate family.
Student visa obligations
- Keeping your contact details up to date is a requirement of holding a Student visa.
- If these details are not up to date it will put your visa and right to study in the UK at risk.