What does it have to do with my nutrition and diet?
- Lack of variety in your diet may prevent you from receiving all nutrients that you need.
- Changes in your social support networks may negatively influence your mood, what you feel like eating and what you can eat.
- Not meeting your protein and vitamin requirements may make you feel tired at work.
If you are worried you may be malnourished or have other dietary concerns, Age UK offer strategies to encourage eating more and provides useful dietary tips.
If there is not enough information for you, you can talk with your GPs, community nurse or other health professionals so they can refer you to the Lambeth and Southwark Action on Malnutrition Project (LAMP).
Once you have been referred to Age UK, there is a list of organisations and professionals they can refer you to:
- Adult Social Services
- British Red Cross hospital discharge support
- Internal Age UK L&S services (Information & Advice, Safe And Independent Living team, day centre clients etc)
- Age UK Lambeth
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Time & Talents, Blackfriars Settlement, Irish Centre, Link Age Southwark, Southwark Carers, Southwark Pensioners Centre (local organisation in Lewisham)
- Supported Housing Scheme staff
- Housing Association staff
- Mutual Aid Groups