What do these symptoms have to do with my diet?
- Lack of variety in your diet may prevent you from receiving all nutrients that you need.
- Changes in your social support networks may negatively influence your mood, what you feel like eating and what you can eat.
- Not meeting your protein and vitamin requirements may make you feel tired at work.
Talk to your employer if you have concerns about your COVID-19 recovery affecting your ability to perform as you use to before the disease.
- There are various webpages that explain wellbeing and occupational health strategies to decrease negative effects at work on the Supporting Occupational Health Professionals website
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help with extra living costs for people with post COVID syndrome
- When looking for job there is a scheme that offers a financial benefit.
Age UK offers strategies to encourage eating more and provides useful dietary tips. They can also offer to link you to services which may help you:
- Adult Social Services
- British Red Cross hospital discharge support
- Internal Age UK L&S services (Information & Advice, Safe And Independent Living team, day centre clients etc)
- Local Age UK branches and other local services
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Supported Housing Scheme staff
- Housing Association staff
- Mutual Aid Groups