What do these symptoms have to do with my diet?
- Your emotional state can affect what you choose to eat, and some foods can be eaten as emotional comfort. This can lead to under and overeating.
- Low mood, apathy and other symptoms can also prevent you from eating at all, hence affecting your nutritional status.
- Other symptoms may lead to overeating (e.g. due to boredom or emotional eating behaviours) which causes weight gain and associated problems.
ResourcesFind out if you have access to your local NHS mental wellbeing support service to self refer.
The Swansea Bay University Health Board has a Covid and Long Covid recovery – therapy information pack which provides ideas for:
- sleep issues
- psychological wellbeing
- further links to manage post traumatic disorder syndrome
- care after being hospitalised.
- How can I cut back on energy if I want to lose weight?
Kirklees Council has advice on mental health support if you are looking for yourself or if you are worried about somebody else.
You can listen to a talk “Psychological wellbeing and communicating with healthcare professionals”.