What does it have to do with my nutrition and diet?
- Pain and fatigue may prevent you from eating the amount or types of food that you need.
- Decreased activity endurance may put you off exercising, which in turn may increase your risk of chronic conditions such as hypertension, diabetes and obesity.
- Not eating enough or eating a diet with limited variety may result in low energy, trouble sleeping, and other symptoms.
The British Dietetic Association Critical Care Specialist group provides eating recommendations after critical illness – Nutrition at Home after Critical Illness [PDF]. This can be useful for:
- regaining muscle strength
- ideas for recipes for heart problems, diabetes or healthy diets
- starting physical activity.
The Royal College of Occupational Therapists provides information on:
- a guide to eating well [PDF]
The Swansea Bay University Health Board has a Covid and Long Covid recovery – therapy information pack which provides ideas for:
- fatigue management
- moving and exercise.