The Coastal Processes Research Group (CPRG) is an internationally recognised group of researchers, specialising in field studies and numerical modelling of coastal processes. We aim to be a leading contributor to the international research community seeking to understand and predict the behaviour of coastal and estuarine systems in support of appropriate management of coastal resources and activities.
The group has links with researchers from a number of different research groups and centres. We also work extensively with researchers in Europe and elsewhere.
- Coastal Marine Applied Research (CMAR)
- Centre for Coastal and Ocean Science and Engineering (CCOSE)
- Marine Physics Research Group (MPRG)
- Coastal, Ocean and Sediment Transport Research Group (COAST)
- Beach morphodynamics and nearshore sediment transport
- Coastal erosion and storm impacts
- Video monitoring of coastal systems
- Coastal process modelling
- Estuarine processes and evolution