We've collated all the information you need to know as a student at a partner institution:
Welcome to Academic Partnerships
We work with education and commercial organisations to extend and enhance opportunities for students and organisations in the UK and globally.
Working in partnership is part of our institutional DNA at the University of Plymouth. Starting with local collaborations in the 1970s, academic partnerships now account for more than one-third of the University’s students and provide a significant contribution to research and business development activities.
Professor Paul Brunt, Director of Academic Partnerships
Information for staff
Information, advice and guidance for staff teaching on and supporting University of Plymouth awards delivered at partner institutions
All of partnerships staff delivering a Plymouth programme have access to a wide range of support and resources including quality assurance processes and documentation to support and enhance teaching and learning, programme development and student experience.
What we do
- We want to support the creation, development and sustainability of high quality partnerships with organisations that advance the University of Plymouth's reputation and deliver academic excellence.
- To be an enterprising, multi-skilled and integrated team delivering the academic partnerships strategy - for the development, management and quality oversight of regional, national and international academic partnerships.
- To support faculties and schools to deliver that strategy.
Our ethos and values
We value partnership as a means of providing inclusive, high quality student learning opportunities in the UK and internationally. We do this through:
- a successful approach to partnership working that's not only built on research-informed practice, but extensively and externally evaluated, too
- proactively developing higher education collaborations that extend the unique University offer across the UK and internationally
- programmes that are co-designed, co-delivered and co-monitored for quality with partners
- a collegiate approach to partnership, governance and management
- our outstanding student opportunities. These are available 24/7 and embrace the concept of the edgeless campus
- a commitment to supporting all aspects of the student learning experience
- excellence in research and support for business development
- a commitment to capacity building, supporting staff through research and scholarly activity
- supporting pedagogic innovations through collaborative relationships and shared resources.