Girls into Geoscience is becoming more than just an event
It has become a network, supporting women in geology and those aspiring to be. Get involved!
This exciting two day event, with optional field trip to see the fantastic local geology, will introduce female A level students to the Earth Sciences and demonstrate the world of careers open to Earth science graduates today.
With seminars from women working in Geology and hands on workshops on a range of geological topics, this year’s Girls into Geoscience event isn’t one to miss.
- Lucy Cotton (Geoscience Ltd) - Geothermal Energy, a Hot Topic
- Jenny Symons (Ramboll) - Geo-Adventures Up North and Down South: Working from Queensferry to the Antarctic
- Rachael Arnold (BP) - Scale Matters: The Big and Small of Geology in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Reconstructing past glaciation from the seafloor - Dr Caroline Clason
- Microfossils and Climate - Dr Jodie Fisher
- Discovering the rocks beneath the seafloor: celebrating 50 years of Scientific Ocean Drilling - Dr Michelle Harris
- Investigating earthquake behaviour - Dr Lucy Campbell
- Amazing dangerous volcanoes - Dr Irene Manzella
- Planetary geology and interplanetary fieldwork - Dr Natasha Stephen
- Reconstructing ancient earthquake events - Professor Anne Mather.
Booking is now open! Contact email@example.com or phone +44 1752 585975 to book a place on this free event.
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION BURSARIES AVAILABLE!
We are pleased to offer a small number of bursaries, thanks to the University of Plymouth Widening Participation Programme, to cover travel and accommodation for those students who might otherwise be unable to attend the event. We want to help provide you with every opportunity to fulfil your ambitions.
This funding is available to eligible girls who meet any of the selection criteria outlined below:
- If you live in a postcode area where there is low participation in higher education (as identified by the Office for Students)
- If you are black or minority ethnic
- If you are a looked after young person (i.e. in
foster care/care leaver).