Step 4: Secure your place through Clearing
You can apply through Clearing if you…
- haven’t met the conditions of your offers
- haven’t made a UCAS application this year
- haven’t received any offers (or none that you wanted to accept).
You will need to contact us directly to see whether you can secure a place through Clearing.
You can contact our Clearing hotline from 8.30am on A level results day.
If you’ve already registered in advance...
We’ll call you on A level results day to discuss your place at Plymouth.
When you speak to us, we’ll…
- talk to you about your results
- take some of your personal details
- check our course vacancies
- and provide you with a verbal offer if you meet our entry requirements
Remember: have your results and a copy of your personal statement to hand when speaking to our Admissions team about your application.
Make your final decision
Once you have received a verbal offer you are happy with, you can update the ‘Your choices’ section of your UCAS application and ‘Add Clearing choice’.
You can only make one Clearing application through UCAS Track and you must have a verbal offer to do so.
Keep checking UCAS Track until your place is confirmed. If it is not confirmed within 24 hours of updating your application, you will be able to make another choice.