How to apply
- attainment of a recognised QIS qualification
- neonatal clinical experience of at least two years post QIS qualification.
MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner in Critical Care
MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner in Surgical Care
- Three-year programme designed for senior neonatal nurses with an ambition to become an Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.
- Study in an inter-professional setting with core modules delivered by an academic team with extensive experience, as well as programme specific modules delivered by specialist neonatal practitioners.
- Inclusive of independent and supplementary prescribing and routine examination of the newborn competencies.
Advanced concepts in research: methodology and methods Holistic neonatal assessment and clinical management (degree and masters level)
Advancing practice in context
- Advanced Neonatal Nursing Practice
Independent and supplementary non-medical prescribing
- End-point Assessment
Substantive professional project (masters level)
- Developing a contemporary approach to health and social care through advancing and utilising knowledge and skills in professional practice.
- Ensuring professional practice is underpinned by a focus on excellence and sustainability by developing a critical, analytical and creative approach.
- Critically reviewing trends in theory, practice and management relating to Neonatal practice.
- Promote an understanding of the philosophy and procedures involved in research and use of evidence.
Miss Jacqueline Franklin
Apprenticeship and Higher Level Skills Manager
Mrs Sarah Kebby
Student/Apprentice Experience Manager
Mrs Naomi Johnston
Lecturer in Nursing (Child)
Dr Jane Peters
Lecturer in Public Health Nursing (Education)
Mrs Rachel Pascoe
Lecturer in Acute/Critical Care Nursing (Education)
Mrs Jessica Talbert
Mrs Louise Winfield
Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer)
MSc Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
Delivered by professional experts, our programmes at Plymouth are tailored to you and your career
Focusing on practice placements
Our nursing students gain real world experience with 20 per cent of their course spent on placement. You will participate in the best and most varied hands-on experience within a host locality.
Practice experience can be obtained within your own unit as appropriate or facilitated at a unit of suitable designation in negotiation with your employer.
Work-based degrees and higher apprenticeships
Helping employers develop, harness and focus the skills of emerging talent within their organisation whilst offering employees opportunity to pursue undergraduate degree qualifications alongside real-life work experience.