How to applyThe potential apprentice will be required to complete an Initial Needs Assessment (INA) with the support of their employer and the University to ensure the Apprenticeship programme is an appropriate solution to their skills development needs. On completion of the INA the University will assess the information provided and determine the next steps.
To request the Initial Needs Assessment please contact email@example.com
The apprentice must be on the Nursing and Midwifery Council register or the Allied Health Professionals Council register to apply for the Advanced Clinical Practice programme, working in a role that facilitates advanced clinical practice and must meet the University's entry requirements for study at postgraduate level.
Applicants will normally have a first degree hons at 2.1 or above. (those without a degree but with appropriate practice related experience relevant to the programme may be eligible to apply).
The following are essential:
- Attainment of a recognised QIS qualification.
- Neonatal clinical experience of at least 2 years post QIS qualification.
Do you want to enhance your career opportunities and learning within the specialist field of neonatal nursing? Are you a senior neonatal nurse looking to progress without taking time away from employment?
Our Advanced Clinical Practice in Neonatal Care Apprenticeship has been developed in close collaboration with key stakeholders, including University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust, to empower new and existing employees to earn an MSc Advanced Neonatal Practitioner qualification whilst in paid employment.
This work-based programme is a flexible alternative to traditional university study, and offers innovative and inspirational teaching by subject experts via a blended learning approach.
- Three-year programme designed for senior neonatal nurses with an ambition to become an Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.
- Study in an inter-professional setting with core modules delivered by an academic team with extensive experience, as well as programme specific modules delivered by specialist neonatal practitioners.
- Inclusive of independent and supplementary prescribing and routine examination of the newborn competencies.
Advanced concepts in research:
methodology and methods
- Holistic Neonatal Assessment and Clinical Management
- Advancing Practice in Context
- Advanced Neonatal Nursing Practice
- Non-medical Prescribing
- End-point Assessment
- Substantive Professional Project
The aim of the programme is to equip practitioners to advance knowledge and skills by:-
- Developing a contemporary approach to health and social care through advancing and utilising knowledge and skills in professional practice.
- Ensuring professional practice is underpinned by a focus on excellence and sustainability by developing a critical, analytical and creative approach.
- Critically reviewing trends in theory, practice and management relating to Neonatal practice.
- Promote an understanding of the philosophy and procedures involved in research and use of evidence.
MSc Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
For those who are not eligible through the degree apprenticeships route, please view our student funded programme - MSc Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.
Our innovative new programme has been developed through close collaboration with key stakeholders, including University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust, to empower you to develop as an advanced practitioner. The contemporary focus inspires efficiency, effectiveness and quality of practice to positively impact on neonatal care.
Delivered by professional experts, our programmes at Plymouth are tailored to you and your career
Focusing on practice placements
Our nursing students gain real world experience with 20 per cent of their course spent on placement. You will participate in the best and most varied hands-on experience within a host locality.
Practice experience can be obtained within your own unit as appropriate or facilitated at a unit of suitable designation in negotiation with your employer.
Work-based degrees and higher apprenticeships
Helping employers develop, harness and focus the skills of emerging talent within their organisation whilst offering employees opportunity to pursue undergraduate degree qualifications alongside real-life work experience.Industry-led, higher and degree apprenticeships to support business growth