How to apply
Fees and funding
Apprentices do not pay any course fees. Costs are covered by the government and/or the organisation. As education funding experts, we can support you in accessing funding via the apprenticeship levy or can provide alternative funding options to minimise or eradicate any up-front costs.
The total course cost for the MSc Advanced Clinical Practice is £12,000.
- Co-funded: Non levy organisations and Levy who have exceeded their Levy contribution.
- Fully funded: Levy paying organisations.
If you are a non-levy paying organisation or you are a Levy organisation who has exceeded their pot the government will financial co-support your Apprenticeship training – they will contribute 95 per cent of the costs and as the employer you will contribute 5 per cent.
Employer contribution £600
Apprentice contribution £0
If the annual pay bill of your organisation exceeds £3 million you will pay for your apprenticeship training through your levy account. If you have exceeded your levy contribution you will fund apprenticeship training through the co-funded model – to better understand how this will work please make contact with us.
Employer contribution £12,000
- A three-year, full-time programme with a blended approach to learning with face to face study days at the University and highly directed online study resources.
- Employees will have seven and a half hours of protected study time per week.
- Apprentices will be employed as an Advanced Clinical Practitioner Trainee throughout the duration of the programme.
- This is a Level 7 programme – they will graduate with an MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice.
- Apprentices will remain as part of the workforce and continue to contribute to patient care whilst working towards their qualification.
- As education funding experts, we can support you in accessing government funding via the apprenticeship levy or provide alternative options to minimise or eradicate any costs.
Who is this programme for?
This is an exciting opportunity for registered nurses, midwives and allied health professionals. This programme is aimed at multi-professionals from a variety of clinical settings who wish to develop their research and leadership skills and clinical expertise at masters level.
This programme will be of interest to those wishing to work at advanced levels of practice or those who are currently working as specialist practitioners in bespoke clinical areas.
Your ACP trainee will be assessed utilising a diverse range of assessment methods which will be linked to their own practice.
Throughout the programme apprentices will also be required to maintain an electronic portfolio of evidence of learning, which on successful completion of the programme will become a lifelong source to evidence your professional practice.
Our experienced clinicians will be there to support the ACP trainees every step of the way; they will receive 12 weekly tripartite meetings with their workplace mentor and a member of our apprenticeship team to discuss their progress, as well as receiving visits from their academic tutor once every semester.
“We are happy and proud to offer the first Advanced Clinical Practice Apprenticeship in the South West.
On successful completion of this exciting three-year masters degree, the apprentice will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to be an independent clinical practitioner. They will be able to manage defined episodes of clinical care, whilst working as part of the wider health and social care team, putting excellent patient care at the heart of their practice.
We look forward to welcoming your employees onto our programme and supporting them on their learning journey.”
Work-based degrees and higher apprenticeships
Helping employers develop, harness and focus the skills of emerging talent within their organisation whilst offering employees opportunity to pursue undergraduate degree qualifications alongside real-life work experience.