It’s not too late to apply
Are you hoping to start studying with Plymouth University in September 2016, but missed the January deadline? Don’t worry, we're still accepting applications on a range of courses.Learn more about applying to Plymouth
Medicine and dentistry applicants
Find out more if you're considering a course delivered by our Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry.
The application process is different for international students. Our dedicated guide to the international admissions process will help you every step of the way.
There's also information to help if you're returning to study as a mature student.
Schools and colleges
Welcome to outreach. We provide a range of services to schools and colleges and organise a host of events to help inform and inspire potential students with the opportunities available in higher education.
Parents and guardians
We know the applicant journey can be an anxious time for parents and guardians too. Find information on how to best support your son or daughter through applying to university in our dedicated guide for parents.
Watch this film about the first week at university and discover what September 2016 with Plymouth University could have in store for you!
It's great that you're considering Plymouth University, one of the UK's top five modern universities, for the next steps of your student journey.
Joining a university is life changing and the application process can be daunting. That's why we're keen to make the application process as straightforward as possible - from before you apply, right up until the exciting moment when you enrol on your course.
Enjoy an award-winning student experience
- Placed 37th in global modern universities under the age of 50, and 4th in the UK (Times Higher Education 2015).
- Ranked among the world’s top 300 universities according to the Times Higher World University Rankings (2014).
- 85 per cent of students say they're satisfied with the overall quality of their course (NSS 2014).
- Plymouth is the 11th most cost effective place to study in the UK (Student Living Index 2015).
Access first-rate teaching and research
- The University offers the 4th best contact hours of all UK universities (Telegraph, 2013).
- We're a top 50 UK research institution according to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) December 2014 and we're ranked first for output in Clinical Medicine above Oxford, Cambridge and UCL.
- Friendly robots and teenage online behaviours have been named amongst 20 new ideas that will change the world (Times Higher Education, 2014).
Boost your career
- 89 per cent of our graduates are in employment and/or further study within six months of graduating.
- Over 12,000 Plymouth University students per year benefit from placements and work-based learning.
Experience postgraduate and international excellence
- Plymouth’s Graduate School was named as the second best in the world, and first in the UK, while the opportunities to teach among its postgraduate community were ranked the best globally (i-Graduate, 2013).
- We're a top three university for international students according to a national student survey (WhatUni2014).
Study in a sustainable, supportive environment
- The top green university in the UK, according to the latest People & Places Green League, and ranked one of the top 15 institutions in the UI Green Metrics Rankings.
- Shortlisted in the Times Higher Education Awards (2013) for: outstanding support for students and outstanding contribution to sustainable development.