Applications are now closed
The Devon Net Zero Innovation fund is in place to enable collaborations between Devon enterprises and University of Plymouth academic researchers. The aim is to help Devon enterprises to develop new products or services for the low carbon sector, with funding of up to £7,500 per enterprise.
- Deadline – 31 March 2022 (12.00 midday)
- Timescale – the collaborative project must be completed by 30 November 2022
- Budget – up to £7,500 will be allocated per collaboration. The majority of which will be used to employ a research fellow/associate lecturer.
- Applications – please email all inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly entitled “DNZIF” and company name/academic name.
The call will open on Monday 31 January 2022, with a closing date of 31 March 2022. Scoring of applications will take place in April 2022 and upon approval, partnerships will have 6 months to deliver their project.
Who can apply?
will need to be led by an eligible Devon enterprise – in partnership with a
University of Plymouth academic(s). We can help you to find the relevant expertise – please get in touch with plenty of time ahead of an application so we can make introductions to relevant researchers.
- Existing or new collaborations are welcomed.
Objectives of the Devon Net Zero Innovation Fund
This fund is designed to encourage new industries to emerge and to boost investment in the development of low carbon products and services:
enable Devon enterprises to address key low carbon challenges and opportunities
through new product/service development
enable at least 10 eligible Devon enterprises to develop new, commercially
viable products/services for the low carbon economy
enable Devon enterprises to collaborate with University of Plymouth academic
researcher expertise that falls outside of the Low Carbon Devon Industrial
Research Fellow (IRF) expertise (i.e. Green Walls, Power Electronics, Energy
Efficiency in Buildings (Occupant Behaviour) and Creative Industries)
- to support diversification of technology from one industrial sector to another to support low carbon ambitions.
Call to action
- Now – register your interest in this funding opportunity and raise any queries directly with the project team at email@example.com
- Read the attached guidance notes for further information.
The Devon Net Zero Innovation Fund is a research and innovation opportunity funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), delivered through the Low Carbon Devon project at the University of Plymouth. The aim is to bring Devon enterprises together with University of Plymouth academics to collaborate to accelerate the development of new products or services in the low carbon sector, or other sectors, leading to a reduction in carbon emissions.
The opportunity aligns with the UK Government’s Build Back Better strategy as the UK shifts towards a net-zero carbon future; recognising that working towards net-zero is a major opportunity for economic growth and job creation across the UK and particularly in Devon with its rich natural capital and innovative technologies.