The Centre for Cyber Security, Communications and Network Research (CSCAN) is an established inter-disciplinary research group at the University of Plymouth, comprising staff primarily from the School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics but drawing upon staff from across the Institution.
Since 1984 the centre has operated under a number of names as the scope of our research and industry have evolved, but with cyber security and networks remaining at its core. With a proven research pedigree, including both collaborative work with industry, national, European and International research initiatives, the Centre has made and continues to make a significant contribution to society.
Cyber security news
- Industry involvement vital in creation of unique new Cyber-SHIP Lab 13 March 2020
- ‘Inconsistent and misleading’ – research suggests password meters could increase risk of cyber attacks 19 December 2019
- £3 million Cyber-SHIP Lab offers unique opportunity to address global maritime cyber security challenges 4 November 2019
- €7 million project aims to enhance global maritime cyber security 4 November 2019
- University secures cutting edge unmanned marine vessel to support Devon businesses 11 September 2019
The centre welcomes and actively collaborates across local, national and international projects with a wide variety of commercial, charitable and academic partners. Please contact us for more information or an informal discussion on how we can contribute.
Staff within the centre publish their ground-breaking research in top-level journals and conferences. They have also authored books, contributed to book chapters and regularly organise conferences and workshops to engage and collaborate with the wider community.
The CSCAN network has been established to facilitate research co-operation with other academic institutions.
The first node was established at the University of Applied Sciences, Darmstadt in 2004, with a number of participating academic staff and active research projects. In June 2010 the Furtwangen University of Applied Sciences joined as our second full node with Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences joining in February 2015.
Address: Centre for Cyber Security, Communications and Network Research, School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA.