What we do
- month end close down and preparation of management accounts
- in year financial monitoring and forecasting
- financial planning
- preparation and submission of regulatory returns including TRAC, Financial Statement Returns, and OFFA
- costing of new programmes.
Business area contacts
Financial transactions are recorded on the main finance system Unit4 against a specific month (or period).
At the end of each month, we follow a structured month end timetable.
This timetable ensures that for budgetary control purposes, users know that data is complete for a period and from which management accounts can be produced.
Financial planning cycle
This University service oversees the annual financial planning cycle. There are a number of key internal deadlines throughout the year. These deadlines are included within the annual planning cycle guidance which is accessed via the University’s corporate information system.
In year forecasting
Annual budgets are set and agreed as part of the annual planning process and finalised in July by the Board of Governors.
There are forecasts that formally take place twice a year – at the end of period 4 (November) and at the end of period 8 (March).
- Marie Cann, Management Accountant
- Richard Cocksedge, Management Accountant
- Justin Crews, Management Accountant
- Emily Monesmith, Management Accountant
- Nicki Sanford, Management Accountant
- Christopher Smith, Management Accountant
General enquiries with Business Support please dial +44 1752 588100 ext. 7
Contact the Business Support Team
- Lisa Petford, Senior Finance Business Partner
- Felicity Barretto, Finance Business Partner
- Laura Bassett, Finance Business Partner
- Matt Townsend, Finance Business Partner
- Rachel Bishop, Management Accountant
- Liz Cane, Management Accountant