The Finance Research Support Team provide financial management, guidance and support for externally funded research projects. Supporting academic and professional staff to ensure the University maximises research income and mitigates risk.
Key activities include:
- initiate kick off meetings with Principal Investigators (PI’s) and professional services when a grant is awarded
- provide integral support throughout the life cycle of the project
- provide meaningful financial reports to PI’s on project status
- provide training in the form of research surgeries to all existing and new PI’s
- manage control activities in accordance with grant agreements and policy in order to ensure compliance.