Our services and function

The Payments Team provide the central administration and support for the payment of all goods and services and the processing and payment of expenses claims.

Supplier payments

Supplier invoices

The University operates a No PO / No Pay policy for the payment of supplier invoices. Please refer to the guidance on the Procurement Team website for information regarding the policy, appointment of suppliers, and the supplier set-up process (including IR35).
Please do not provide any goods or services without receiving a purchase order prior to invoice submission. Invoices submitted without a purchase order, or with an invalid purchase order, will be rejected. Suppliers are paid in accordance with our terms and conditions which you will find on our purchase order or by visiting our terms and conditions page.  
Invoices should be submitted by the supplier, as a PDF document, to invoices@plymouth.ac.uk. Please note, this email account is a no reply account which simply strips the PDF documents from the email and sends directly into our invoice software for processing. Our invoice software is managed by ‘Proactis, so any rejection emails will be sent by noreply@proactis.com
PDF invoices are our preferred method of invoice submission. All other documentation sent to invoices@plymouth.ac.uk will be deleted.
Paper invoices must be sent to:
University of Plymouth
Finance Department
Emdeck Building 
29 Central Park Avenue


Remittance advice (for UK GBP payments) is emailed to your given email address.
If you are not receiving remittances, please email payments@plymouth.ac.uk giving your supplier name.

Payment to a non-UK entity

Payment to Euro-SEPA participant nations should also follow the No PO / No Pay process. Information regarding Euro-SEPA payments can be found here – Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA).
Other countries/currencies
Please note: International payments are made weekly and can take up to 7 working days to reach the recipient bank from the date of payment. The majority of these payments are made using our foreign payment broker. Once the payment has been submitted an email is sent from confirmations@cambridgefx.com.
Invoices for foreign payment need to be emailed to the requisitioner of the goods/services at the University.

Expenses payments

Expenses relating to payments for external individuals and students.

External examiners – Doctoral College only

Please complete the expenses form which can be accessed from the Examiners and chairs (research degrees) site. Please ensure all grey cells are completed.
Forms should be sent to doctoral.college@plymouth.ac.uk.

All other external individuals 

Please complete the following expenses form and send to your engaging department for approval.
Important information for the re-imbursement of non-expenses related items for external individuals (such as the reimbursement of professional fees):
Payment for external advisors, students, visiting specialists, and associate lecturer, demonstrator and markers, in respect of hours worked, should be claimed via the relevant payroll form and submitted to payroll@plymouth.ac.uk for processing. 

Student Expenses

Expenses can be claimed by filling in a payment request form. Completed forms should be emailed with relevant receipts to your school office for coding and authorisation.

Help and support

Payments Team

Please send payment queries and statements to payments@plymouth.ac.uk and we will respond as soon as possible. 
Original invoices and credit notes to be sent to invoices@plymouth.ac.uk. Please only send copies to this email account when requested by the Payments Team. Please note that this inbox is not monitored. Any documents other than the PDF invoice will be removed.