Who we are
The Digital Education team supports staff in the use of digital technologies and resources, for teaching; learning; assessment and research. Digital Education comprises Digital Learning Designers and Developers, who are available to assist you with the creation of pedagogically driven learning materials. The Digital Education team also provides guidance and advice on a range of Technology Enhanced Learning and Assessment initiatives, as well as training and support for university wide implementations to help individuals, module / programme teams, faculty groups, and professional services teams, to progress their own development ideas and projects.
What we do
- Advise on embedding technology in teaching, research and assessment
- Develop digital skills through a programme of courses, workshops and events
- Offer informal 1:1 support
- Capture case studies and promote best practice
- Provide online support materials and training
- Promote the ‘art of the possible’ by researching new and innovative approaches
- Develop research bids and run projects to inform practice
- Offer support and training for institutional initiatives and projects
Student Digital Champions
Digital Education work closely with Student Digital Champions from across the University. Our champions have been working with us and their peers to gather feedback on the technologies used in learning and teaching, which will help identify future opportunities. This allows us to collaborate with students on a range of digital projects ensuring that the student voice is considered before any decisions are made, therefore they are key in the shaping of the digital experience at Plymouth.