Professional Development Unit (PDU) – admissions

Thank you for your interest in the programmes and/or modules offered by the Professional Development Unit within the Faculty of Health.

Here, you will be able to access all the documentation you will need to complete in order to apply for a place on our programmes or modules.

Hard copies of all application forms are available upon request. Please contact the Professional Development Unit Admissions Team for more information.

For any queries regarding admissions or enrolments, please contact the Professional Development Unit Admissions team

Visit: Professional Development Unit, Level 4 Rolle Building, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA, United Kingdom

Opening hours: 

Monday–Thursday 8.30–17:00

Friday 8:30–16:30.

When applying for standalone modules

 To help us to receive and process your application as quickly as possible please make sure that when applying for programmes and modules you send all application forms via email to:

**Please check that all details entered on your application form(s) have saved before emailing back to us.** 
Many thanks for your help with this.
The Professional Development Unit - Admissions Team 
<p>Accelerate programme - Webinars<br></p>

Admissions documentation – post enrolment

Visit our post enrolment page for full details on:

  • IT registration and Moodle instructions
  • student card
  • change of name form
  • paying your fees
  • APEL
  • maps.

Standalone degree or masters level modules

If you are applying for one or more standalone modules in this academic year, but do not wish to be considered for a full programme of study at this time, please complete the application form below. If you are hoping to complete an award of PgCert/PgDip/MSc, rather than a single standalone module, then please complete the programme application form, below. If you will not be paying the fee yourself, a sponsorship form is required to inform us of which organisation will be paying on your behalf. The document is available at the back of the application form, or can be accessed below and sent in separately. 
  • Module application form (please do not use to apply for places run by partnership organisations).
  • Applicants for modules APP710 and APP711 must also complete an additional form
  • Applicants for modules ACO701, ACO702, ACO703 and ACO704 must also complete an additional form.
  • Applicants for modules HEAD387 / APP748 must also complete an additional form.
<p>Surgical instruments</p>

Programme application forms

For the following programmes, please complete the application via the PG apply online form. Any additional forms required for your programme should be downloaded and attached to your online application.
  • MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner in Mental Health* 
  • MSc Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner*
  • MSc Advanced Clinical Practice in Ophthalmology+
  • MSc Advanced Critical Care Practitioner
  • MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Clinical Practitioner)*
  • MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Dietetics) 
  • MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Health and Social Care Professionals) 
  • MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Neuro Rehabilitation) 
  • MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Nursing and Midwifery Professions)
  • MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Occupational Therapy)
  • MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Paediatric Dietetics)
  • MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Physiotherapy)
  • MSc Human Nutrition
  • MSc Medicine in Hazardous Area Response
  • MClinRes Clinical Research
  • PgDip Advanced Critical Care Practitioner
  • PgDip Surgical Care Practitioner*
  • PgDip District Nursing*** 
Applicants for courses marked with * need to complete an additional form.
Applicants for courses marked with *** need to complete an additional information form.
Applicants for courses marked with + need to complete an additional information form.

Transferring onto a full programme of study

If you have already completed some masters modules with us, and would like to transfer onto a full masters programme, please complete the application form below:
antibiotic tablets
Covid-19 Update 
The Government has introduced emergency legislation so that the NMC can temporarily register fit, proper and suitably experienced people if they want to practise and feel able to do so. Anyone whose NMC Registration has lapsed within the last 5 years can apply to join the temporary NMC register if they are wishing to return now to help out in the Covid-19 crisis.
More information on Temporary Registration
Information for students who have previously resided outside the UK as an adult (i.e. from age 18 or above)
Alongside the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks which are undertaken for all applicants, any periods of previous residence abroad, of twelve months or more as an adult, need to be covered by a 'certificate of good character' (or similar) from the country concerned. Residence aboard includes, but is not limited to, travelling, studying, working and postings with armed forces.*
If, since the age 18, you have resided outside the UK for more than twelve months (either continuously or in total) it is your responsibility to obtain the relevant certificate(s). The University cannot apply for these certificates on your behalf or pay for the costs involved. This process can take some time and you are strongly advised to apply at the earliest opportunity. Students who have previously resided abroad will be unable to start student placements without this certificate. 
For information about applying for such certificates, please consult the DBS website: overseas police check section.
*If your period of residence abroad took place whilst serving in the military, you will not be required to supply a CoGC if you are able to provide a copy of your Certificate of Service Discharge Form, which includes a Citation of Exemplary Service.
<p>Cooperation between air rescue service and emergency medical service on the ground. Paramedic is pulling stretcher with patient to the ambulance car.&nbsp;Copyright: Jaromir Chalabala, courtesy of Shutterstock<br></p>
In addition, applicants need to include the following with the application:
  • Hepatitis B status
  • Professional indemnity insurance
  • Professional body registration
  • Mentor CV
  • 2 x references
  • Copy of your qualification certificates
  • HCPC Membership Number (if applicable) 
<p>Rehabilitation, physiotheraphy. Hand grasping/squeezing a medical tool.</p>
<p>Baby being examined by a doctor. Getty 1217384593.</p>

Compass needle pointing the word solutions. Dark brown, blue and black background with focus on the main word. Concept 3D image for illustration of business support service or advice.


Applying for Accreditation of Prior (Experiential) Learning (APEL) / Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)  

You may be able to make an application for any prior learning which can be considered as accreditation towards your programme of study.

If you are applying for one of our programmes and wish us to consider qualifications you have obtained at another institution please include with your Programme Application a copy of your certificate / transcript and details of the Learning Outcomes.

<p>Auditor work desk, accounting business research, financial audit, tax report. Image courtesy of Getty Images.<br></p>

Sponsorship form

Please provide your sponsor with the form belowif they have agreed to pay your fees for you. This form is also integral to many of our application forms and can be completed as part of your application. 
This separate form is available should you require it to be completed in addition to your initial application. 
Green figure with heartbeat image

You can contact the Professional Development Unit with any queries

Prospective student enquiries:
Current student enquiries:
Professional Development Unit, Level 4 Rolle Building, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA, United Kingdom.
Monday – Thursday 8:30–17:00 and Friday 8:30–16:30.