Within the School of Nursing and Midwifery, we are committed to shaping our students into the best health professionals they can be. Our state-of-the-art facilities and equipment will help students maximise their potential and develop their core skills, ready to embark on an exciting and rewarding career.
Clinical Skill Simulation
Simulated practice requires a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills, in order to keep our patients and service users safe. When learning skills, students need an understanding of why, when and how that action is best carried out, this is where our clinical skills labs come in. They enable students to:
- Learn skills at your own pace without the pressure of getting it right first time
- Receive support from your peers and lectures
- Practice in a safe environment
- Develop your professionalism ready to go out on placement.
- Biomechanics and neurophysiology labs
- Community home simulation suites
- Immersive simulation and control rooms
- Hospital simulation wards
- Optometry skills suites
- Paramedicine skills suites
- Physiotherapy skills labs
- Podiatry skills suites
- Social learning spaces
- And many more.
Nancy Astor Clinical Skills Resource Centres
- physical examinations
- patient and family interviews
- diagnostic skills
- washing hands
- manual handling
- observing and monitoring
- blood pressure reading
- medication administration
- and many more!