What is the aim of the NOURISH study?
- The aim of this project is to assess the nutritional intake and wellbeing of women experiencing severe pregnancy sickness and their pregnancy outcomes.
- We are also interested in learning more about those who do not experience any pregnancy sickness (or very mild sickness), so that we have a comparison group.
- We would love to hear from you if you are <11 weeks pregnant, over 18 years old and living in the UK.
- If you would like to take part in our study, please read the information sheet and then get in touch by completing our form.
- If you have any friends or family who meet the above criteria and would like to take part, please let them know about the study.
How will the study work?
- Pregnant women experiencing severe sickness will be recruited via the Pregnancy Sickness Support charity, alongside a group of pregnant women with mild or absent sickness, recruited by social media or word of mouth.
- We will email you an online questionnaire and a link to an electronic food diary app to record your dietary intake on three occasions during pregnancy.
- A final brief questionnaire will be emailed to you approximately two weeks after birth.
Where do I find out more?