- Dates of conference: 28 and 29 June 2018
- Location: Rolle Marquee, University of Plymouth
- Submission theme: Solutions to sustainability challenges
- Submission type: Marketplace session or poster submission
- Deadline for submissions: Sunday 11 February 2018
Sustainable Earth 2018 is an annual conference connecting research with action to work towards solutions to sustainability challenges. It is an informal and interactive event, aimed at a global audience to increase collaborations between organisations and researchers.
Each year the event attracts around 200 attendees from a variety from backgrounds including local groups, academic researchers, PhD students, global organisations, charities, and individuals with an interest in sustainability.
2018 theme: Solutions to sustainability challenges
Your marketplace proposal or poster submission should:
- be accessible to a range of audiences
- focus on how your organisation, project or research is providing/working towards a sustainability solution.
You will be informed at the beginning of March of the outcome of your submission.
If you require more information on the conference, please email email@example.com.
If you require more information on the marketplace and poster submissions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketplace sessions are informal sessions that will take place around round tables (not in a classroom/meeting room etc.) They are designed to encourage interactivity, discussion and networking.
- Your marketplace session must be no longer than 30 minutes
- There will be multiple marketplace sessions happening simultaneously - your title and submission text needs to be engaging, as delegates will pick which marketplace they attend based on this information
- Marketplace sessions will take place over the two days of the conference. Please let us know if you cannot make a certain day
- The use of TV screens is limited, so we are encouraging alternative session formats
Session formats can include (but are not limited to):
- Slideshow presentations (please note that due to being located in a marquee sound from videos and music in presentations might not be audible)
- Discussion based (without the use of a presentation)
- Artwork exhibition
- Interactive workshops (either using physical or digital elements such as virtual reality)
This year we are inviting poster submissions. These will be displayed throughout the two days of the conference.
- Your poster must be accessible to a range of audiences and have a clear narrative
- Your poster should demonstrate how your organisation, project or research is providing/working towards a sustainability solution
- Posters will be available to view throughout the two days, however you will have the chance to present your poster/answer any questions over lunch on Friday 29 June
Please note - we do not expect you to have your poster completed for the submission. You will be required to submit a summary only.