We've tried to provide all the information you will need if you are thinking about coming to study at the University of Plymouth from Australia. If you need to know anything else, you can contact our team using the details below.


We require a High School Certificate (HSC) and an appropriate Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) score of at least 80.00 or an Overall Position of 10 for Queensland. Requirements may differ from programme to programme.

A-Level UCAS Tariff Comparable Offer 

(excl. Queensland)

Comparable Offer 


AAA 144 97.5 2
AAB 136 96 3
ABB 128 92 6/7
BBB 120 87 4/5
BBC 112 85 8
BCC 104 83 9
CCC 96 80 10


We require a four year bachelor (honours) degree with the appropriate classification. 

Australian Degree Classification Alternative Name 3 year Bachelor (ordinary) degree UK Degree equivalent
First Class First Class 75% or GPA 5.5 out of 7.0 1st
Second Class (Upper Division) Division A or Division 1 70% or GPA 5.0 out of 7.0 2.1
Second Class (Lower Division) Division B or Division 2     65% or GPA 4.5 out of 7.0 2.2

English Language Requirements

We will accept any of the following results on the English language component as meeting our minimum English language requirements:

  • Capital Territory: Grade C on the Australia Capital Territory Year 10 Certificate
  • New South Wales: Grade C on the Year 10 Certificate
  • Northern Territory: Grade C on the Junior Studies Certificate
  • Queensland: VHA, HA or SA on the Year 10 Certificate
  • South Australia: Pass on the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE)
  • Tasmania: Credit, Higher Pass or Pass on the School Certificate
  • Victoria: Pass in Unit 3 or 4 on the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
  • Western Australia: Pass at level 1, 2 or 3 in Western Australia Certificate of Education (WACE)

Australian nationals and students who have successfully completed a degree in Australia are currently exempt from UKVI English language requirements

Auryn Macmillian

Course: MSc Psychological Research Methods

Auryn Macmillan grew up in Melbourne, Australia, and won a basketball scholarship to North Carolina, America as a teenager. He’s currently on the most exciting leg of his journey yet thanks to the University of Plymouth.

He previously played for Plymouth Raiders; however he has now signed a contract and has started playing with the Rockhampton Rockets in the QBL club back in his home country. “The support from the University will allow me to progress with my education while continuing to follow my dream.”

See how our students have enjoyed their time in Plymouth