About the menopause network
The University of Plymouth menopause network was initially launched as a support group in March 2019 for all employees and expanded to become an official staff network in October 2019.
All genders and ages are welcome to attend the meeting, whether you’re experiencing symptoms yourself and want to meet others in a similar situation or if you would like to understand more about the menopause. The chair is Briony Goldsmith.
To provide a forum to talk about the menopause and share experiences.
To provide support and guidance where possible.
To invite speakers/clinicians to campus.
To advise and give feedback on University policy development and associated practice.
Menopause awareness for line managers - interactive webinar
This will take place on Wednesday 20 October from 14:00-15:15 and aims to equip line managers to talk about menopause openly and support staff experiencing menopause related health problems.
webinar will cover:
- reasons for organisations to support menopause in the workplace: demographic case, business case, social responsibility case and legal case
- what menopause is, why it happens and when it may happen
- how to recognise and understand menopause symptoms and their impact at work
- the different approaches to managing menopause and signposting to credible resources
- employment law and the legal framework
- how to have supportive conversations with colleagues around menopause
- access to a toolkit of additional resources to support managing menopause.
You can book on to this session via ESS.
Menopause awareness sessions
What do you know about the menopause? Are you, a family member, friend, colleague or employee experiencing menopause and want to know more and how you can support them?
Menopause awareness sessions have now been launched on Employee Self Service for both employees and also managers. The sessions will be advertised via the staff bulletin and can be booked onto via ESS.
The University will be looking to run the same sessions again in the future. If you are interested in attending register your interest with firstname.lastname@example.org