Great Western Railway offer
The offer is a 20% reduction in our Advance Purchase fares which are available on most GWR mid and long distance GWR routes to your local station. The same discount can be obtained for any other passengers that are booked at the same time, and the discount is combinable with a 16–25 Railcard discount.
Book your special offer train tickets now
Terms and Conditions
- The Open Days GWR travel offer is only available for travel on GWR services only. If travelling from or within a region of the country that is not part of the GWR network you may need to purchase separate tickets to the chosen destination.
- The destination must be relevant to the University you have received the link from, i.e. Plymouth for the University of Plymouth, etc.
- Origin of journey must be within the GWR network, but please note that Advance Purchase tickets are not available for short distance journeys.
- The scheme is only available for use with Advance Purchase tickets. These set times and dates of travel and are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
- The Open Days GWR travel offer is available for the dates provided by each university and the week that the event takes place, running Saturday to the next Sunday. So stay for more than a day to get a feel for the local scene.
- The scheme is combinable with the 16–25 Railcard. Simply tick the box on the page by “Passengers” and select from the drop down box.
- The booking link URL is unique to the University of Plymouth and cannot be used for destinations other than specified.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this offer, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions
What is an ‘Advanced Purchase Ticket’?
‘Advance Purchase’ refers to a ticket that can be purchased up to 18:00hrs (6pm) the day before travel, subject to availability. Once purchased, it is non-flexible (ie. unable to change times or dates travel) and non-refundable.
I cannot see the discounted fare.
‘Advance Purchase’ for the student fare are denoted by a small cross against the ticket price. If there is no red cross shown, then the ‘Advance purchase fare for that day may have sold out. Once the discounted fare has been chosen an asterisk ‘*’ will be displayed underneath the fares section.
The link to the booking page does not work. Where can I get assistance?
You may need to update your internet browser, we advise using Google Chrome or Firefox. There may be a need to clear your ‘cookies’
I cannot see the promotional fare.
Travel is only available on GWR routes, check the entirety of the journey is on GWR. Please also check the booking horizon. Sales open for Advance Purchase 12 weeks before travel.
I still cannot see or book the student discount fare.
Please call the GWR call centre for advice on 0345 700 0125, options 2, then 2 again.