Student signing (Disability Services)

Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) are grants for disabled students in Higher Education. These help to cover extra costs that you may have to pay when attending your course as a direct result of disability, a mental health condition or specific learning difficulty. The allowance can help with various costs, including a non-medical helper, major items of specialist equipment, and travel. You can apply for the DSA if you're a full-time, part-time or postgraduate student.

Find full details in the booklet 'Bridging the Gap' available by calling the Department for Education & Skills (DFES) free on 0800 731 9133, or visit the Directgov Disabled Student Allowance pages for more information.