How we use your data
The University uses your data to ensure we can provide you with the best possible experience, through our marketing, communications, recruitment and analytical reporting activities. We seek to respond in an appropriate, timely, and effective way when dealing with enquiries and uses a customer relationship management (CRM) system to support this service. This means that you will not have to repeat all the details of a previous enquiry: each time you contact us we will be picking up where you left off. It also means that we can improve the information that we provide to you about our courses, services and processes in future.
The information you provide will be used to supply the information requested and, if you consent, send you further printed materials or electronic communications for the following purposes:
We will also process your data to fulfil and monitor our legal responsibilities, for example, under equalities, immigration and public safety legislation. In addition, we will compile statistics and conduct research in relation to enquirers, applicants and students for the purpose of planning, reviewing, managing and developing the University’s business, (but not to make any decisions about you).
- To provide you with information relating to Plymouth and the local area, and the University (including its facilities and services) to help you make an informed decision as to whether to apply to study with us;
- To provide you with information about the subject(s) you are interested in and our services and facilities to help you make an informed decision as to whether to apply to study with us;
- To tailor our communications and services to you based on your postcode, domicile, achieved and predicted academic qualifications as well as your subject(s) of interest;
- To invite you to attend relevant events (such as open days);
- To provide you with information about our visits to your city or country.
If you disclosed to us that you have a disability, our Disability Services team will contact you to let you know how you can access the Learning Support, Disability and Mental Health services. You will be provided with further details about how your data will be used for this purpose at the relevant time.
We sometimes use ‘profiling’ software to help us make sure the information we send you is appropriate for you, but we do not use ‘profiling’ software to make any automated decisions about you.
We may also ask you to provide contact details for your intermediary contact (for example a parent / guardian or spouse) if we need to share information about your enquiry. You may choose to share their details with us via an online form but we will ask them to consent to receiving information from us.