We work in partnership with Research and Innovation, Technology and Information Services, the Doctoral College and others across the University to develop and deliver services which enable our researchers to demonstrate to their funders and the wider community the value of their work. We support research staff and students in developing the information skills they need and ensuring that research publications and datasets are made publicly available in line with good research practice, and the University’s Open Access, and Research Data Management policies.
Get in touch
To find out more about our services or make an enquiry email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
- Training on use of specialist Library databases; developing search strategies; undertaking Systematic Reviews and keeping up to date with the literature.
- Support with Endnote Referencing Management system.
- Support with Open Access publishing, REF compliance and Elements/PEARL deposit.
- Advice on research funder policy on Open Access and on data management, preservation and sharing.
- Guidance on copyright and licencing regarding publishing and making publications and data openly available.
- Advice on researcher profile management, including Elements, ORCID and Staff Profiles.
- Support with bibliometrics, including Scopus and SciVal.
- Regular and custom statistics and reports.
- Administration of UKRI Open Access Article Processing Charges (APC).
Open Access policies are changing. Plan S is an initiative for open-access publishing launched by 'cOAlition S', a consortium of national research funders which is resulting in new routes towards open publications including Transformative (Read & Publish) deals and changes to the Green route.
The University is asking all research-active staff and doctoral research students to create an ORCiD account, and for staff to additionally link it to Symplectic Elements.Find out more about ORCiD