We work in partnership with Research and Innovation, Technology and Information Services, the Doctoral College and others across the University to develop and deliver services which enable our researchers to demonstrate to their funders and the wider community the value of their work. We support research staff and students in developing the information skills they need and ensuring that research publications and datasets are made publicly available in line with good research practice, and the University’s Open Access, and Research Data Management policies.
Get in touch
To find out more about our services or make an enquiry email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
- Training on use of specialist Library databases; developing search strategies; undertaking Systematic Reviews and keeping up to date with the literature.
- Support with Endnote Referencing Management system.
- Support with Open Access publishing, REF compliance and Elements/PEARL deposit.
- Advice on research funder policy on Open Access and on data management, preservation and sharing.
- Guidance on copyright and licensing regarding publishing and making publications and data openly available.
- Advice on researcher profile management, including Elements, ORCID and Staff Profiles.
- Support with bibliometrics, including Scopus and SciVal.
- Regular and custom statistics and reports.
- Administration of UKRI Open Access Article Processing Charges (APC).
Literature Searching & EndNote Reference Manager
Symplectic Elements & Pearl
Routes to Open Access Publishing
ORCiD & Author Profile Tools
Choosing a Journal for Publication
Promote your Published Research
Tracking your publication citations & impact
Reporting, Evaluation & Benchmarking
Depositing your PhD Thesis
Research Data Management
Copyright & Licensing
New UKRI Open Access Policy
Information and guidance for UKRI-funded researchersUKRI's new Open Access policy comes into effect on 1 April 2022. UKRI-funded researchers at Plymouth need to be aware of these new requirements. Our step-by-step guidance to the new policy will help you to ensure your research is compliant with funder policy from submission through to publication.
Read & Publish Agreements for Gold Open Access
Browse available Read & Publish agreementsRead & Publish agreements aim to achieve transformative change in publisher business models by incorporating Open Access Article Processing Charges (APCs) into the Library's subscriptions resulting in no upfront fees for authors.
Training and 1:1 support
Contacts for 1:1 supportThe Library's Information Specialists and dedicated Open Research Specialist can advise individuals and provide bespoke sessions for research groups and centres. Training and 1:1 support is available on a number of research related topics.