Partnership reinforces commitment to the teaching profession and improves standards of teaching in schools, colleges, training providers and other agencies. It also helps shape our student training policy.
Benefits to training providers include:
- affiliation with University of Plymouth's longstanding reputation for excellence within education and teaching
- enhanced evaluation of practice
- opportunities to share new ideas, expertise and best practice
- links with qualified and experienced personnel
- prospects for continuing professional development (CPD).
Benefits to Plymouth Institute of Education include:
- high quality practitioner training and support in schools, colleges, training providers, and other agencies, so that each student can meet required standards
- access to good professional practice, in a variety of contexts
- opportunities to see current initiatives in action
- encouragement of schools, colleges, training providers, and other agencies’ involvement in the development of placement opportunities
- provision of supportive and appropriate first destinations for students.