We've taken this a step further and jointly developed an agreement that sets out the key ways we can all take action, as well as what we can expect in return. Through this partnership, we're enhancing academic standards and achieving the University’s vision, mission and values.
The Students’ Union
The Students' Union (UPSU) plays an essential role in the enhancement of the student experience.
UPSU undertakes to:
- Ensure that the Students’ Union is run for students, by students
- Encourage and support students' participation in quality enhancement activities - especially through the election, development and training of course representatives
- Communicate students' views to the University
- Assist students with academic and welfare problems either via UPSU advice or by sabbatical support via representation or campaigns
- Represent the interests of students at both a local and national level
- Support active student/community engagement and proactively work with students and external agencies in encouraging positive social behaviour
- Provide a range of student-led societies, sports clubs, and volunteering opportunities to enhance personal and professional development.