For more information please email Dr Louise Firth.
Dr Louise Firth
Associate Professor of Marine Ecology
Professor Richard Thompson OBE FRS
Director of the Marine Institute
Dr Mick Hanley
Associate Professor in Plant-Animal Interactions
Dr Antony Knights
Associate Professor in Marine Ecology
Dr Paul Lunt
Associate Professor in Environmental Science
Dr Anaelle Lemasson
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Miss Charley Clubley
- Mike Burrows, Scottish Association of Marine Sciences
- Martin Coombes, Oxford University
- Steve Hawkins, University of Southampton and Marine Biological Association of the UK
- Pippa Moore, Newcastle University
- Larissa Naylor, University of Glasgow
- Martin Skov, Bangor University
- Fabio Bulleri, University of Pisa, Italy
- John Burt, New York University, Abu Dhabi
- Su-Yin Chee, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Ross Coleman, University of Sydney, Australia
- Tasman Crowe, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Katherine Dafforn, Macquarie University, Australia
- Andy Davies, University of Rhode Island, USA
- Emma Johnston, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Kenny Leung, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Peter Steinberg, Sydney Institute of Marine Sciences, Australia
- Elisabeth Strain, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Peter Todd, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Louw Claassens, Rhodes University, South Africa
Miss Charley Clubley (2020-2024), University of Plymouth. “Testing Environment Filters as Mechanisms of Ecosystem Resilience to Non-Native Species Invasion”.
Dr Antony Knights(DoS) with Dr Louise Firth, Professor David Bilton, Tiago Silva and (Cefas) Louisa Wood (University of Portsmouth). Funded by the University of Plymouth.
- Mr Franz Bauer (2022-2026), University of Plymouth. “Retrospective optimisation of multifunctionality on coastal urban infrastructure”. Louise Firth (DoS), Antony Knights, Andy foggo, Mick Hanley, and John Griffin (Swansea University).
- Dr Rebecca Morris (2014–2016), School of Biological Sciences, University of Sydney. "Retrofitting biodiversity: Ecological engineering for management of urbanised systems". Ross Coleman (DoS), Gee Chapman and Louise Firth (co-supervisors)
- Dr Ally Evans (2013–2015), Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences, Aberystwyth University. "Artificial coastal defence structures as surrogate habitats for natural rocky shores". Pippa Moore (DoS), Louise Firth, Steve Hawkins, Liz Morris and Harry Goudge (co-supervisors).
- Ms Kathryn O’Shaughnessy (2016–2019), Funding University of Plymouth, “Green engineering of coastal infrastructure: a design for life”. Louise Firth (DoS) with Richard Thompson, Mick Hanley, Paul Lunt (University of Plymouth) and Steve Hawkins (Marine Biological Association).