28. HawkinsSJ, Evans AJ, Firth LB, Moore PJ,Bray S, Adams LC, Schuster H, Leung KMY, Pack K, Burrows MT, Sims DW, Genner MJ, Mieszkowska N, Southward EC. (2017) Distinguishing globally-driven changes from regional- and local-scale impacts: the case for long-term and broad-scale studies of recovery from pollution. Marine Pollution Bulletin, in press
27. Walls AM, Edwards MD, Firth LB, Johnson MP. (2017) Successional changes of epibiont fouling communities of the cultivated kelp Alaria esculenta: predictability andinfluences. Aquaculture Environment Interactions. In press.
26. Evans AJ, Garrod B, Firth LB, Hawkins SJ, Morris ES, Goudge H, Moore PJ. (2017) Multi-functional coastal developments: desirability of potential secondary benefits and steps to effective implementation. Marine Policy,75: 143-155.
25. Bishop MJ, Mayer-Pinto M, Airoldi L, Firth LB, Morris RL, Loke LHL, Hawkins SJ, Naylor LA, Coleman RA, Chee SY, Dafforn KA (2017) Effects of ocean sprawl on ecological connectivity: impacts and solutions. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, In press
24. Firth LB, Grant L, Crowe TP, Ellis JS, Wiler C, Convery C, O’Connor NE (2017) Factors affecting the prevalence of the trematode parasite Echinostephilla patellae (Lebour, 1911) in the limpet Patella vulgata (L.). Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, In press
23. Firth LB, Knights AM, Thompson RC, Mieszkowska N, Bridger D, Evans A, Moore PJ, O’Connor NE, Sheehan EV, Hawkins SJ. (2016) Ocean sprawl: challenges and opportunities for biodiversity management in a changing world. Invited contribution to Oceanography and Marine Biology Annual Reviews. 54: 193-269
22. Firth LB, Browne K, Knights AM, Hawkins SJ, Nash R. (2016) Eco-engineered rock pools: a concrete solution to biodiversity loss and urban sprawl in the marine environment. Environmental Research Letters, 11: 094015
21. Pearson S, Windupranata W, Pranowo SW, Putri A, Ma Y, Vila-Concejo A, Fernández E, Méndez G, Banks J, Knights AM, Firth LB, Bollard Breen B, Jarvis R, Aguirre D, Chen S, Howard Smith AN, Steinberg P, Chatzinikolaou E, Arvanitidis C. (2016) Conflicts in some of the World harbours: What needs to happen next? Maritime Studies, 15:10
20. Knights AM, Firth LB, Thompson RC, Yunnie AL, Hiscock K, Hawkins SJ. (2016) Plymouth - a world harbour through the ages. Regional Studies in Marine Science. In press.
19. Hawkins SJ, Mieszkowska N, Firth LB, Burrows MT, MacLean MA, Bohn K, Thompson RC, Chan BKK, Little C, Williams GA (2016). Looking backwards to look forwards: the role of natural history in temperate reef ecology. Marine and Freshwater Research 67: 1-13
18. Evans AJ, Firth LB, Hawkins SJ, Morris ES, Goudge H, Moore P. (2016) Drill-cored rock pools: an effective method of ecological enhancement on artificial structures. Marine and Freshwater Research, 67: 123-130
17. Firth LB, White FJ, Schofield M, Hanley ME, Burrows MT, Skov MW, Hawkins SJ. (2016) Facing the future: the importance of substratum features for ecological engineering ofartificial habitats in the rocky intertidal. Marine and Freshwater Research. 67: 131-143
16. Firth LB, Mieszkowska N, Grant L, Bush L, Davies AJ, Frost MT, Moschella P, Hawkins SJ. Historical comparisons reveal multiple drivers of decadal change of an ecosystem engineer at the range edge. Ecology & Evolution, 5: 3210–3222
15. Firth LB, Schofield M, White FJ, Skov MW, Hawkins SJ. (2014) Biodiversity in intertidal rock pools: informing engineering criteria for artificial habitat enhancement in the built environment. Marine Environmental Research, 102:122-130.
14. Mieszkowska N, Sugden HE, Firth LB, Hawkins SJ. (2014) The role of sustained observations in tracking impacts of environmental change on marine biodiversity and ecosystems. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London A. 372, 20130339.
13. Firth LB, Thompson RC, Bohn K, Abiatti M, Airoldi L, Bouma TJ, Bozzeda F, Ceccherelli VU, Colangelo MA, Evans E, Ferrario F, Hanley M, Hinz H, Hoggart SPG, Jackson J, Moore P, Morgan EH, Perkol-Finkel S, Strain EM, van Belzen J, Hawkins SJ. (2014) Between a rock and a hard place: environmental and engineering considerations when designing flood defence structures. Coastal Engineering 87: 122–135.
12. Hawkins SJ, Vale M, Firth LB, Burrows MT, Mieszkowska N, Frost M. (2013) Sustained observation of marine biodiversity and ecosystems. Oceanography: open access 1:1-4.
11. Firth LB, Thompson RC, White FJ, Schofield M, Skov MW, Hoggart SPG, Jackson J, Knights AM, Hawkins SJ (2013) The importance of water retaining features for biodiversity on artificial intertidal coastal defence structures. Diversity and Distributions 19: 1275–1283
10. Bracewell SA, Robinson LA, Firth LB, Knights AM. (2013) Predicting free-space occupancy on novel artificial structures by an invasive intertidal barnacle using a removal experiment. PLoS ONE 8(9): e74457
9. Firth LB, Mieszkowska N, Thompson, RC, Hawkins SJ. (2013) Climate change and adaptational impacts in coastal systems: the case of sea defences. Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts 15: 1665-1670
8. Hawkins SJ, Firth LB, McHugh, M, Poloczanska E, Herbert R, Burrows MT, Kendall M, Moore P, Thompson RC, Jenkins SR, Genner MJ, Sims DW, Mieszkowska N (2013) Data rescue and reuse: recycling old information for new concerns. Marine Policy 42: 91-98
7. Knights AM, Firth LB, Walters KA (2012) Interactions between multiple recruitment drivers: Post-settlement predation mortality & flow-mediated recruitment. PLoS ONE 7(4): e35096.
6. Firth LB, Hawkins SJ (2011) Global change in marine ecosystems: patterns, processes and interactions with regional and local scale impacts. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 400: 1-6
5. Firth LB, Knights AM, Bell SS (2011). Air temperature and winter mortality: implications for the persistence of the invasive mussel, Perna viridis in the intertidal zone of the south-eastern United States. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 400: 250-256
4. Firth LB, Crowe TP (2010) Competition, habitat-suitability and the coexistence of key species on temperate rocky shores. Oecologia 162:163-174
3. Firth LB, Williams GA (2009) The influence of multiple environmental stressors on Cellana toreuma during summer monsoon season in Hong Kong. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 375:70-75
2. Firth LB, Crowe TP, Moore P, Thompson RC, Hawkins SJ (2009). Predicting impacts of climate-induced range expansion: an experimental framework and a test involving key grazers on temperate rocky shores. Global Change Biology 15:1413-1422
1. Firth LB, Crowe TP (2008) Large-scale coexistence and small-scale segregation of key species on rocky shores. Hydrobiologia 614:233-241
1. Hoggart S, Hawkins SJ, Bohn K, Airoldi L, van Belzen J, Bichot A, Bilton DT, BoumaTJ, Colangelo MA, Davies AJ, Ferrario F, FirthLB, Galván C, Hanley M, Heurtefeux H, Lara JL, Rodriguez IL, Maza M, EizaguirreBO, Rundle SD, Skov MW, Strain EM, White A, Zhang L, Zhu Z, Thompson RC (2015) Chapter 4 - Ecological approaches to coastal risk mitigation. Nicholls R, Zanuttigh B, Vanderlinden JC,Thompson RC, Burcharth H (Eds.), Coastal Risk Management in a Changing Climate,9780123973108, Academic Press (Elsevier), pp. 171–234