Welcome to the Marine Biology and Ecology Research Centre
Members of the Marine Biology and Ecology Research Centre (MBERC) address a broad range of research questions, from the effects of environmental stress on microbes and developing embryos to the management of large scale impacts, such as global climate change.
Our research has a marine biological focus but also draws on ideas and theories from other realms.
We have excellent links with external organisations, both regionally, and via numerous international collaborations. We encourage the active participation of our students in our research. We conduct research across a wide range of subject areas within the realms of marine biology, conservation, ecophysiology and ecology; these include studies across terrestrial, freshwater and marine environments.
Our research is currently spread across four research groups:
MBERC Press Releases
- Scientists use acoustic tracking of marine predators to assess positive impacts of offshore mussel farms 5 March 2019
- New research to explore how skill influences result of animal fights 7 January 2019
- Marine biology students get opportunity to work with Blue Planet cameraman 4 January 2019
- Technology paints in-depth picture of organisms’ response to climate change 13 December 2018
- Oxygen levels impact on species’ ability and willingness to fight 31 October 2018