Welcome to the Marine Biology and Ecology Research Centre
Research in the Marine Biology and Ecology Research Centre (MBERC) has contributed substantially to the understanding of how marine biodiversity is responding to environmental change and has informed management decisions at regional, national and international levels.
It is structured around three research groups and aims to address the key themes of:
(i) the influences of environmental change, fisheries and pollution on marine biodiversity
(ii) the use of large-scale temporal and spatial data for the understanding and management of marine biodiversity, and
(iii) the development and application of new approaches for biological assessment.
Further details of ongoing research can be found within pages for the individual research groups.
MBERC Press Releases
- Students search for 100 ambassadors to help preserve the planet 7 December 2020
- Scientists release previously unseen footage showing environmental impacts of pot fishing 13 October 2020
- Future ocean conditions could cause significant changes in marine mussels 9 October 2020
- Scientists repeat century-old study to reveal evolutionary rescue in the wild 1 October 2020
- Scientists appeal for public help with climate change technology project 23 July 2020