Welcome to the Marine Biology and Ecology Research Centre
Members of the Marine Biology and Ecology Research Centre (MBERC) address a broad range of research questions, from the effects of environmental stress on microbes and developing embryos to the management of large scale impacts, such as global climate change.
Our research has a marine biological focus but also draws on ideas and theories from other realms.
We have excellent links with external organisations, both regionally, and via numerous international collaborations. We encourage the active participation of our students in our research. We conduct research across a wide range of subject areas within the realms of marine biology, conservation, ecophysiology and ecology; these include studies across terrestrial, freshwater and marine environments.
Our research is currently spread across four research groups:
MBERC Press Releases
- The complex fate of Antarctic species in the face of a changing climate 17 June 2019
- Pioneering partnership names its first Ocean Giants Scholars 14 June 2019
- Fear of ‘killer shrimps’ could pose major threat to European rivers 4 June 2019
- Lionfish culls aim to preserve marine species and habitats in the Mediterranean Sea 22 May 2019
- Marine expert invited to join new Defra science advisory group 3 May 2019