Supporting businesses to turn challenges into opportunities
What are environmental futures?
Environmental futures are defined as the problems and opportunities arising from human activity or global trends where digital technology, big data, other disciplines and cross-functional and cross-institutional working can provide a viable solution.
Environmental futures encompasses environmental sciences and covers:
- Freshwater and marine
- Pollution control and mitigation
- Meteorological sciences
- Climate change
- Ecology and environmental monitoring
- Impacts on ecosystems goods and services.
Some of the problems requiring a solution are not yet known or fully understood and may extend into a variety of sectors. This is expected and encouraged.
What is Big Data?
- machine vision
- the High Performance Computer
- communication techniques.