We use novel cell lines and 3D cell cultures to investigate the inflammatory response to endotoxin and other bacterial molecules. We are also investigating the role of lipid modifying enzymes (LPCATs) in these responses.
Current research includes:
- Proteomic analysis of LPCAT2 metabolites in inflammation
- Mechanisms of LPCAT2 and 3 in macrophage activation
- Use of airway co-culture models to study lung inflammatory reactions to respiratory infections, allergens and air pollutants
- Novel endotoxin-based assays to screen water for faecal contamination
- Measuring intracellular ROS using nanoelectrodes.