Trinidad and Tobago

We've tried to provide all the information you will need if you are thinking about coming to study at Plymouth University from Trinidad and Tobago. If you need to know anything else, you can contact our team using the details below.


Applicants will be required to show evidence of having achieved Grades I (one), II (two) or (if taken from 1998) Grade III in English & Maths in the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC). This is GCSE equivalent. 

Applicants who have the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations (CAPE) with two Grade II and four Grade III double-unit subjects (including two double-unit courses) are eligible to apply for a bachelors degree. Within these six units, we will consider two units being single awards. 

An associate degree, with good grades, may also be considered suitable for direct entry to year one of a relevant bachelor degree programme. 

For applicants who do not meet the above requirements, there are foundation options available via Plymouth University and Plymouth University International College (PUIC).


Holders of a bachelors degree when awarded by the University of the West Indies or another university in the Caribbean, with a 2:1 or where a grade point average marking is used - 3.0 or above, will be eligible to apply for postgraduate study. 

Please contact our agent working in the Caribbean for advice and assistance with the application process and information about visas. Also check UKESC’s website for details of their upcoming visits to the region, these typically occur in the period September-November and again in March-April.




See how our students have enjoyed their time at Plymouth University