Hong Kong

International scholarships

To reward outstanding achievement the University of Plymouth offers scholarship schemes to help towards funding your studies. You could get up to 50% off your tuition fees in your first year.

Find out more about the scholarships available

Entry requirements


We require applicants to have completed the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) or the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE). Please note that the HKALE is considered equivalent to the GCE A level, except in mathematics and some science subjects, where the grading for the HKALE is considered to be slightly higher. A minimum of three full A level subjects is usually required for progression.

Our on campus partner college, University of Plymouth International College (UPIC), offers a wide variety of foundation courses.

A level  UCAS tariff   HKALE 
AAA  144  AAA 
AAB  136  AAB 
ABB  128  ABB 
BBB  120  BBB 
BBC  112  BBC 
BCC  104  BCC 
CCC  96  CCC 
A level  UCAS points tariff   HKDSE 
A*  56  5* 
32  4
 E  16  3


We require applicants to have completed a 學士學位 (榮譽) bachelor degree honours or a 學士學位 bachelor degree ordinary with the following classification:

Hong Kong degree classification CGPA   Hong Kong degree classification - grade   Hong Kong degree classification - alternative name   UK degree equivalent 
3.70 – 4.30 A Excellent 1st 
2.70 – 3.69 B Good 2:1
2.40 – 2.69 C Adequate     2:2

English language requirements

A recognised English language qualification (e.g. HKDSE, HKCEE, IELTS) would be required, or successful completion of one of the University of Plymouth's pre-sessional English Language courses. 


For more help and advice, get in touch with our agents in Hong Kong — they'll be happy to help.

aec Education Consultancy
Email: enquiry@aecl.com.hk
Website: www.aecl.com.hk
1802 Causeway Bay Plaza 2, 463 Lockhart Road, Causeway Bay
Tel: (852) 2598 6166

Amber Education (Wanchai Office)
Email: wanchai@amberedu.com.hk
Website: www.amberedu.com and www.amberedu.com.hk
Room 1208, Tai Yau Building, 181 Johnston Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2377 7888

Aston Education
Email: info@astonhongkong.com
Website: www.astonhongkong.com
5th Floor, Office Plus @ Wanchai, 303 Hennessy Road, Wanchai
Tel: (852) 2866 9933

British United Education Services
Email:  info@britishunited.net
Website: www.britishunited.net
9/F Wai Hing Building, 148 Prince Edward Road West, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3426 9976 /  WhatsApp: +852-6252 0176

Chamberlain Educational Services Centre 21/F
Email: enquiry@chamberlain-edu.com
Website: www.chamberlain-edu.com
10 Pottinger Street, Central Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3426 8000

Email: info@dadi.com.hk
Website: http://www.dadi.com.hk
Unit 702-703, 7/F, 700 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2314 8312

Hong Kong Education Web
Email: ieu@education.com.hk
Room 901, Shanghai Industrial Investment Building
48–62 Hennessy Road, Wanchai
Tel: (852) 2272 2800

International Education Advisory Centre
Email: info@ieachk.com
Website: www.ieachk.com
Room 702, 706-707, 7/F Sino Centre
582–592 Nathan Road, Mongkok
Tel: +(852) 2397 5300

Super Red Education and Training Center
Email: info@superred.com.hk
Web: www.superred.com.hk
Unit 1104, 11/F, Fourseas Building
208–212 Nathan Road, Kowloon
Tel: (852) 31052962

Find out what our students think