- D&AD New Blood awards ‘best in show’ and ‘best of year’
- Best of British Illustration, and AOI Illustration Awards – 3 golds
- 'Images' Annual and Exhibition, students consistently selected
- Past student Emma Haines won the hotly contested gold in the 2012 awards
- Shortlisted and second prize winner: Steve Panton
- Several ‘Highly Commended’ entries
- Merit award | New talent (student): Skye Liu
Our students have also worked on many live and external briefs including:
Three BA (Hons) Illustration students assisted lecturer Ashley Potter on production design for the official Olympic Mascot's film 'Rainbow to the Games'.
Ashley worked on two of the four animated films created for the official London 2012 mascots Wenlock and Mandeville. His role as production designer enabled him to negotiate paid work experience for three students; Edward 'Woody' Stables, Alex Boys and Jordan Rogers, who worked as production assistants. The students dealt with real professional production deadlines and gained valuable experience whilst making contacts for their future careers in the design, film and animation industries.
‘Leviathan’ 24 Hour Comic in conjunction with the ‘Moby Dick Big Read’
‘Draw me a story’ project for Plymouth City Museum (Finalist in National Museums and Heritage Excellence Awards for 'Best Project on a Limited Budget' in 2012)
‘Draw me a story’ was the first collaboration between the Plymouth City Museum and the BA Illustration course. Several Stage 3 (and one Stage 1) students had a rare opportunity to illustrate on the walls of the Museum's Gallery walls and help to run public workshops.