This module encompasses key concepts underpinning the delivery of restorative dentistry, enabling you to develop your understanding and knowledge of the subject. Teaching is delivered as seminars, demonstrations, and practical training in the simulated dental learning environment, enhancing clinical skills and improving patient care.
This module builds on the foundations of knowledge in restorative dentistry taught at the dental school and in foundation training. It develops diagnostic skills and treatment planning and provides participants with additional skills in occlusal management, non-surgical periodontology, endodontics, minimally invasive and adhesive dentistry as well as techniques for management of tooth surface loss
You will cover:
- Masters level writing.
- IT support and use of referencing software.
- Clinical photography.
- Critical appraisal skills.
- Advanced diagnosis and treatment planning in restorative dentistry occlusal management.
- Current concepts in caries diagnosis and management.
- Adhesion to enamel and dentine and microleakage.
- Composites, compomers and glass ionomers.
- Amalgam and approaches to retention.