University information and learning programmes on equality, diversity and inclusion
General University information
Equality, diversity and inclusion main University pages provides links to:
- Harassment, bullying and intimidation advice for staff and students.
- Equality analysis and University of Plymouth Equality Scheme Targets.
E-Learning (staff login required):
- Equality and diversity: diversity in the workplace.
- Unconscious bias.
Relevant 7 steps series guides to help plan and teach effectively:
- Internationalising teaching and learning
- Adopting culturally inclusive teaching practices
- Mitigating unconscious bias
- Inclusive teaching and learning
- Inclusive Assessment
- Using group work in teaching
- Managing (Inter) National Research
Inclusive teaching, learning and assessment: includes research-informed resources, guidance and videos. Some of the student videos include the experience of international students.
Online self-assessment tool for University of Plymouth staff and students. This tool is available in the DLE. It evaluates students’ early engagement with learning. It provides automated feedback, helping to identify students at risk and directing them to appropriate resources and sources of support.
Use the peer review process and the Personal Development Review process to focus on equality, diversity and the attainment gap.
External guidance and resources
- 1.2. ‘Is racism within the learning environment…swiftly addressed?’ (under ‘#1 Classroom environment’)
- 2. ‘#Meeting the needs of UK and international bilingual students’.
- Post entry findings, page 44 (University of Portsmouth).
- Implications and recommendations, pages 60-63.
- Supporting attainment, pages 64-68.
- '4.3 Equal opportunities in the HEI’
- ‘4.5 Student recruitment, support and transition to employment’
- ‘4.6 Teaching and learning’
Policy and guidance
Below is a list of polices, procedures and guidance for staff and students. This list is not exhaustive and if you need any help or advice please contact us.