Soapbox Science is a novel public outreach platform for promoting women scientists and the science they do. The yearly event aims to transform public areas into an arena for learning and scientific debate with the aim to encourage women in science and also challenge perceptions of who a scientist is.
11:00 – 12:00 | Hetal Buckhurst and Jazz Conway
12:00 – 13:00 | Charlotte Nolan
13:00 – 14:00 | Moizzah Asif and Katharine Willis
- Ms Moizzah Asif, Lecturer in Data Science, University of South Wales | Talk: The Journey of a Data Scientist in Wales
- Dr Hetal Buckhurst, Associate Professor in Optometry, University of Plymouth | Talk: The Myopia Pandemic
- Miss Jazz Conway, PhD student, University of Plymouth | Talk: The Deep Sea and Antibiotics
- Miss Charlotte Nolan, Midwifery Lecturer, University of Plymouth | Talk: title tbc
- Professor Katharine Willis, Professor of Smart Cities and Communities, University of Plymouth | Talk: What is the Future of Our Cities?