The Plymouth Astronomical Society (PAS) meets every month at Plymouth University. Society meetings are free to members and visitors are very welcome to attend at a cost of £2 on the door.
For further information, please contact David Wilton (PAS Chairman and Secretary on 01752 880618 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Ken Facey (PAS Membership Secretary) on 07818 877248 / email@example.com.
All meetings are held in the Babbage Building and there is disabled access to the venue. If the ground floor door is locked, please ring 01752 588400.
Friday 8 September: The Night Sky in September
- O B Associations in the Vicinity of the Sun and their Origins, by Mike Shearer
Friday 13 October: The Night Sky in October
- Solar Eclipse Chasing - Going to Where the Sky Went Dark, by Chris Cooke
- The American Solar Eclipse 2017, by David Wilton
Friday 10 November: The Night Sky in November
- Equipment Display and Discussion
Friday 8 December: The Night Sky in December
- My Love Affair with the Moon, by John Foster
- Christmas Quiz and Raffle
Friday 12 January: The Night Sky in January
- The Formation of Stars and their Planetary Systems, by Dr Claire Davies
Claire is a Research Fellow in the Astrophysics Group at the University of Exeter.
Friday 9 February: The Night Sky in February
- Talks by Society members
Friday 9 March: The Night Sky in March
- Title tba, by Professor David Southwood
Friday 13 April: The Night Sky in April
- Astrophotography Evening
Friday 11 May: The Night Sky in May
- Binocular Astronomy, by Stephen Tonkin
Friday 8 June: The Night Sky in June
- Title tba, by Dr Allan Chapman
Friday 13 July: The Night Sky in July
- Talks tbc
- Summer Quiz and Raffle