Event photography and video
Please be aware that some of Plymouth University's public events may be attended by University photographers and videographers, for capturing content to be used in University online and offline marketing and promotional materials, for example webpages, brochures or leaflets. If for whatever reason, you or a member of your group, do not wish to be photographed, please make yourself known to staff working at the event on arrival or to the photographer.
Your open day programme
To help you plan your day in advance we will send you a copy of the programme electronically one week before the event.
A full printed version of the programme will also be available for you to collect from registration when you arrive at the open day.
Arrival and registration
The undergraduate open day runs from 9.00am until 4.30pm.
On arrival to the campus, please collect your goody bag and register your attendance with a member of the registration team in the Roland Levinsky building. The registration team will talk you through the programme for the day and answer any questions you may have. We strongly advise that you check the times of the talks and subject sessions that you are interested in, as some sessions are only run once.
Open day top tips
Find out more information from those who have attended our open days and follow our top tips for making the most out of your visit.Our top tips
Making the most of your open day
Everything you need to know about our open days. Explore our campus, facilities, and bustling city of Plymouth where you could be living, studying and socialising.
Great Western Railway offer
The offer is a 20% reduction in our Advance Purchase fares which are available on most GWR mid and long distance GWR routes to your local station. The same discount can be obtained for any other passengers that are booked at the same time, and the discount is offered on top of any Railcard discount that may be applied*.
Image courtesy of Great Western Railway
Hotel accommodation offers
There are a number of local hotels offering special deals which tie in with our recruitment event dates.Prices and booking information
Our open days have been rated 4.5 out of 5 stars. These ratings derive from visitor feedback surveys**.
“All of the staff and students that I spoke to were so enthusiastic about the University and about the course that they were taking. They were all happy to speak to me and help if I had a question or needed directions.”
Open day attendee
“Everyone was very welcoming and was lovely. I didn't feel like I was burdening anyone if I was lost and everyone was happy to help! Would just like to say thank you for making my day worth it and making me feel comfortable in an environment that was new to me!”
Open day attendee
*Terms and Conditions
1. The Open Days GWR travel offer is only available for travel on GWR services only. If travelling from or within a region of the country that is not part of the GWR network you may need to purchase separate tickets to the chosen destination.
2. The destination must be relevant to the University you have received the link from, i.e. Cardiff Central for Cardiff Metropolitan University, etc.
3. Origin of journey must be within the GWR network, but please note that Advance Purchase tickets are not available for short distance journeys.
4. The scheme is only available for use with Advance Purchase tickets. These set times and dates of travel and are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
5. The Open Days GWR travel offer is available for the dates provided by each university and the week that the event takes place, running Saturday to the next Sunday. So stay for more than a day to get a feel for the local scene.
6. The scheme is combinable with a Railcard. Simply tick the box on the page by “Passengers” and select from the drop down box.
7. The URL is unique to your university and cannot be used for destinations other than specified.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this offer, then please email email@example.com.
**Star ratings come from our open day survey, where open day attendees were asked “Please rate your overall Plymouth University open day experience out of 5 stars (1 star being terrible and 5 stars being excellent)” (question 51). The survey was sent to all attendees from the open day. For further information please contact the market intelligence team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event photography and video