A-EQUIP (advocating for education and quality improvement) is the new employer-led model of midwifery supervision. The model promotes a continuous improvement process through staff development, and action to improve quality and experience of care.
These four masterclasses provide a bridging programme for midwives who have previously completed the Preparation of Supervisor of Midwives programme and undertaken the role of Supervisor of Midwives prior to the removal of statutory supervision. This will prepare midwives for the role of Professional Midwifery Advocate.
The professional midwifery advocate (PMA) is the new leadership and advocacy role designed to deploy the A-EQUIP model.
Our masterclasses will prepare you to undertake the role of PMA, and is for midwives who are being supported to develop this role within their organisation.
The deployment of the A-EQUIP model supports a continuous improvement process that aims to build personal and professional resilience, enhance quality of care and support preparedness for appraisal and professional revalidation.
During these masterclasses you will:
- Gain an understanding of the statutory changes in midwifery supervision.
- Learn to work with the A-EQUIP model as a means to continual improvement.
- Develop the skills and competencies required to undertake the role of the PMA.
On completion you will be equipped to undertake the four functions of A-EQUIP:
- Normative supervision (monitoring evaluation and quality control).
- Formative supervision (education and development).
- Restorative clinical supervision.
- Personal action for quality improvement.