The Research Degrees Handbook is available as an e-book for postgraduate research degree students and the staff who support them (including supervisors). You will need your University user name and password to access it.
The Handbook includes the following sections:
- Overview of the Doctoral College governance and responsibilities
- Your programme of study as a research student (including enrolment; induction; responsibilities; registration periods and fee paying structures; project approval; confirmation of route; research training; monitoring of progress; thesis requirements, submission and examination; teaching as a PGR; sources of support; complaints and appeals procedures; and equality, diversity and inclusion)
- Minimum resources for postgraduate research students
- Thesis presentation guidelines
- Student representation on Doctoral College Board (DCB).
It should be read in conjunction with the University-wide Academic Regulations (standard regulations for research degrees are combined with those for taught programmes).
School supplements (sometimes combining one or more School), outlining local resources and expectations, can be found on the Doctoral College PGR Moodle pages (you will require a University user name and password to access these).
If you have any questions about the Research Degrees Handbook or any aspect of postgraduate research at the University of Plymouth, please contact the Doctoral College.